Faster Simulations – Better Designs
Hi there, and welcome to my website! I’m Antti Lehikoinen, a 28-year old D.Sc., working as a postdoctoral researcher in the Aalto University Research Group of Electromechanics. Additionally, I help small-to-medium businesses save time and make more money on machines.
On this site,you can find my blog. I post regular-ish updates, mostly about the topics listed below. You can also find some more static information about my work, plus of course my CV and list of publications.
I mainly focus on finite element analysis (FEA) of electrical machines. Lightning-fast computation of high-frequency AC losses is my specialty – I can comfortably claim I’m one of the world’s best in that area.
But, I also know standard FEA – I have indeed authored the open source SMEKlib library for Matlab. It contains pretty much all the functionality you need for analysing (2D) and designing rotating machines and magnetic components both.
Additionally, I also write about the following awesome topics:
- Other simulation and design methods for electrical machines. Examples include reluctance networks and analytical approaches.
- Electrical machines themselves. You tend to pick up quite a many bits and pieces along the years.
- Business, marketing, and branding – what do you think I have a website for?
- Productivity – getting the most out of the least.
- Fitness and cheesecakes. I’m an unapologetic gymbro with a sweet tooth.
Contact and Subscribe
Wanna work together on something? Awesome – let’s get in touch!
To stay up to date in general, I recommend you subscribe to my FEAwesome Newsletter. As a bonus, you’ll get the free 20-page guide ‘Boundary Conditions in Magnetic FEA’ – some basic yet crucial info!
And while you’re here, let’s also connect on LinkedIn.